ONE YEAR MBA
XLRI PGDM (GM)
XLRI offers a fifteen-month full-time residential management program PGDM (General Management), previously known as GMP. This one of the flagship programs offered by XLRI and this program has received various prestigious accreditations including AMBA, AICTE etc.
Candidates are selected on the basis of factors such as:
- XAT /GMAT® score
- Academic performance,
- Work experience
- Personal interviews.
- Relevance and pertinence of the candidate’s Statement of Purpose
- Quality of the two professional recommendations submitted by the candidate
Candidates need to demonstrate intellectual curiosity, leadership potential and the determination to succeed
(details for the 2017-18 batch have not been released as yet. While it is assumed that the admissions cycle will follow a similar calendar, Champion Squares will upload the relevant information as soon as it is available)
Stage 1: Applying through GMAT®/XAT
Prerequisites for GMAT® Applicants:
- All GMAT® applicants must take their GMAT® between December 01, 2013 and December 20, 2015 and pay a fee of Rs. 2500/- through cash/online/demand draft/banker's cheque (Rs. 5000/- for NRI applicants) in favor of "XLRI Programmes" payable at Jamshedpur.
- Print the XLRI confirmation page and send along with the payment proof/ pay in slip or Demand Draft to the Admissions Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur - 831 001 within 15 days from the date of payment/ issuance of Demand Draft. Enclose photo copies of 10th, 12th and graduation by December 26, 2014.
Stage 2: Shortlist of Candidates
- The names of the GMAT® candidates will be shortlisted by 12th January 2016 (tentative).
- The names of the XAT candidates will be shortlisted by January 31, 2016 (tentative).
Stage 3: Interview Process
- The interviews for GMP candidates through GMAT® and XAT will be conducted between 2nd week of February 2016 (tentative) in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur only.
- GMP Interviews can be conducted over G-talk / Skype for overseas candidates. Candidate needs to get in touch with the admissions office for scheduling the interview online.
Stage 4: Result Announcement
- The short listed candidates will be announced via email along with an offer letter for XLRI-PGDM (GMP) by end of March 2016 (tentative).
(the years of the test and work ex eligibility will change according to the intake)
The Candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Candidates must hold a recognized bachelor's degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline with at least 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience by March 31, 2016.
- PGDM (GMP) candidate may choose to apply through XAT 2016 or GMAT® score (taken during December 1, 2013 to December 20, 2015).
(subject to change according to the intake)
Rs. 17,50,000/- (or equivalent in $ US) for the academic year 2016 - 2017. Food, electricity and other personal expenses would be charged extra depending on the type of accommodation preferred by the student. Fee may change next session based on the recommendation of Fee Fixation Committee.
The class consists of 119 exceptional individuals.
2014-15 BATCH STATISTICS
Class Composition Batch Size 119 On Sabbatical 13 Average Age 29 Average Work Experience 6.5 year GMAT® Mean Score 686
Work Experience profile
- 58% of the batch has work experience between 5-6 years
- 33% of the batch has work experience between 6-8 years
- 15% of the batch has work experience of 8 years and above
International work experience profile
- 24% of the batch has at least one year of international work experience
- 13% of the batch has international work experience between 1-3 years
- 5% of the batch has more than 3 years of international work experience
Sector wise Profile
The application form is a very important component of the XLRI PGDM (GM) application. Every word in the application is vital and the overall presentation of the application forms should not be overlooked. Champion Squares Experts will review your XLRI PGDM (GM) application form to ensure that messaging is consistent and presentation on target.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview stage for the XLRI PGDM (GM) are required to submit application essays . It is through these documents that XLRI PGDM (GM) admissions committee understands your story, your thought process and your ambitions. Your Statement of Purpose and Application Essays should cover the following themes:
- Your career goals
- Your accomplishments
- Your leadership potential
- Your ability to collaborate with people
- Your strengths and weaknesses.
You are evaluated on the basis of the impact you have – showcased via your essays. Your essays are a way for you to talk to the admissions committee and make a compelling case for your candidature.
Letters of Recommendation (LOR’s):
It is via your recommendation letters that the XLRI PGDM (GM) admissions committee gets an evaluation of your candidacy from a third party perspective. Your recommenders assess you on the following aspects:
- Your goals
- Your accomplishments
- Your leadership ability
- Your teamwork ability
- Your analytical aptitude
- Your fit with the XLRI PGDM (GM)
Your recommendations have to be in synchronization with what you showcase in your application essays.
The XLRI PGDM (GM) accepts both the GMAT® and XAT scores. Your performance on the GMAT® gives the admissions committee an understanding of your ability to cope with an academically rigorous curriculum. However, no “cut off” criteria is applied to the GMAT® scores.
- No. of companies visited the campus for final placements 44
- Companies that visited the campus for the first time for final placements 41%
- Mean Salary (Domestic) Rs. 16.5 Lakhs Per Annum
- Median Salary (Domestic) Rs. 16.0 Lakhs Per Annum
- Highest Salary (Domestic) Rs. 40.0 Lakhs Per Annum
Accenture Genpact NISG ACT Broadband Goldman Sachs Oyo Rooms Adventz Hero Motocorp Shapoorji Pallonji Group Amazon Inc IBM SiS Prosegur Aspire systems Infosys Sutherland Global Atos India JP Morgan Chase TCS Car Dekho L&T Infotech Virtusa Citi Bank Manipal Global Education Volvo Eicher Credit Suisse Markets & Markets Wipro Cushman & Wakefield Marvel Realtors Yodlee Daimler Maveric Systems Zomato Developer group Microsoft ZS Associates eClerx MiSys FabIndia Mu Sigma