What is SSC / CGL?Champions' Square is a Best SSC/CGL/CHSL Coaching Center/Institute in Ballabgarh, Faridabad
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examinations are held for recruiting to various posts into the Central Government and its various departments. This exam is conducted at the national level.
SSC CGL 2017
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
Posts Recruited through SSC CGL 2017 Exam and Pay Scale
Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of posts recruited through the SSC CGL 2017 Exam and the corresponding pay scale.
|Name of Post||Pay Scale|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4600)|
|Assistants (CSS)||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4600)|
|Assistants in other Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments/CVC||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Divisional Accountants||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Inspector (Central Excise/Preventive Officer/Examiner)||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4600)|
|Inspector of Income Tax||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4600)|
|Inspector of Posts||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Junior Accountants/Accountants||Rs.5200-20200 (GP=2800)|
|Statistical Investigators, Gr.II||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Sub Inspectors||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Sub Inspectors (Ex) in CPOs (ITBP,CISF,CRPF,SSB,BSF)||Rs.9300-34800 (GP=4200)|
|Tax Assistants||Rs.5200-20200 (GP=2400)|
Eligibility – Who can Apply?
Qualification: Minimum qualifications differ for various posts. Aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject from any institute recognized by UGC. If you are appearing in your final year of graduation, you are eligible provided you complete your degree before 1st August 2017 (this is a tentative date based on last year’s notification until the official detailed notification for 2017 is released).
Age Limit- Age limit varies for various posts as well. Aspirants must be between 18 years to 27 years in age. Age relaxation for the reserved categories will be applicable as per government rules. For a few specific government jobs there are extended age limits – you can refer to the guidelines on the website.
Citizenship– You must be citizen of India and or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1972, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
|Required Age Limitt||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)|
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years1||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
Selection Process for SSC CGL
The selection process for SSC CGL 2017 has been officially announced. The SSC CGL 2017 will have the following selection procedure:
Combined Graduate Level (Preliminary) Examination (Tier-1) (MCQ | Online)2
Combined Graduate Level (Main) Examination (Tier-2) (MCQ | Online)
Descriptive Test (Tier-3) (Written | Pen & Paper Based)
Skills Test (where applicable) (Qualifying only)
NOTE: We can safely say that, due to a government directive issued with effect from 1st January 2017, there will be no interview process for SSC CGL 2017. There will be no personal interview even for SSC CGL 2015 examination.
SSC CGL Notification 2017
The SSC CGL notification for 2017 is scheduled to be published on May 16th, 2017 by the governing body and will be updated on this website. Keep checking this page for more information.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2017
The Central Government has announced that they will hire as many as 2.2 Lakh people from March, 2015. Out of these a maximum of 70,000 vacancies, will be created in Income Tax, Excise and Customs Department. Approximately 14 lac candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 9000 later. For 2017 CGL Exam, the expected number of vacancies may be more than 30,000, given a slew of hiring in the Income Tax Department.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|Application form will be available from||16th May 2017|
|Last date for registration||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10th-11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||February 2018|
SSC CGL Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification on May 16th, 2017
SSC CGL Recruitment 2017
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern - The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2017
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||75 Minutes|
- • There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- • The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- • Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- • Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- • Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- • There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- • Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- • The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
- • The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- • The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- • The questions are based on 10+2 level.
- • The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
- 1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- 2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules - Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online is 15th April, 2017
SSC CGL Application Fee
- • The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- • Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- • Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- • To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- • Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Cut off – 2016
Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CGL exams over the previous years SSC CGL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-off:
|Cut off Marks||137||125.5||114||103||97||68||20||92||---|
SSC CGL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-off:
|Cut off Marks||102.25||89.5||80.25||74.25||69||50||20||67.75||---|
SSC CGL Answer Key 2017
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of Tier-1 exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their approximate marks and expected ranks in SSC CGL Tier-1 exam.
Exam Pattern for SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2
Tier I (Computer Based)
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||75 minutes (Total)
For VH & Candidates
Tier II (Computer Based)
|Paper I – Quantitative Ability (for ALL POSTS)||100||200||2 Hours For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 2 Hours 40 Minutes|
|Paper II – English Language (for ALL POSTS)||200||200||2 Hours For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 2 Hours 40 Minutes|
|TOTAL||300||400||2 Hours For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 2 Hours 40 Minutes|
|Paper III – Statistics (for Statistical Investigator Gr II & Compiler POSTS ONLY)||100||200||2 Hours For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 2 Hours 40 Minutes|
|Paper IV – General Studies (Finance & Economics) (for Asst Audit Officer Gazetted Group “B” POST ONLY)||100||200||2 Hours For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 2 Hours 40 Minutes|
Tier III (Pen & Paper Based)
(Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)
For VH & Candidates
suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
Tier IV (Whenever applicable)
Computer Proficiency Test (for Asst. Section Officer in CSS POST ONLY)
Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour (for Tax Assistant POST ONLY)
SSC CHSL 10+2
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will be conducting the all India entrance exam to fill various vacancies of Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC’s) and New post Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and Court Clerk is also introduced under SSC CHSL Recruitment drive.
A large number of candidates were waiting for SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2017. The candidates who are preparing for SSC CHSL Exam 2017 need to check the latest SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern so that they can prepare a better and neat time table by covering all the topics as per official syllabus and pattern. It would enable you to keep a tab on the subjects that you are required to study for the exam.
As you know that lakhs of candidates will apply for this Recruitment, the competition level will be very high. If you don’t prepare well, it is too difficult to get selection in SSC CHSL Exam. So you have to be aware Syllabus & Exam Pattern. So here we are going to update the Latest and Complete Syllabus and Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL 2017.
Selection Process of Examination
- • The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I)
- • Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- • Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) (Qualifying wherever applicable)
Changes in Exam Pattern
- • Now SSC CHSL also will be conducted Tier -I through Online Mode.
- • Tier -II Introduce a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- • Reduce the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- • Reduce the Number of questions of Tier -I from 200 to 100.
- • Negative marking will be 0.50.
- • Tier II and Tier -III will remain same.
- • No Sectional Cut off.
Exam pattern of SSC CHSL Tier-I, Tier II & Tier III Examination
The Tier-I paper will be objective type. There will be 100 questions for which Candidates will get 75 minutes. Questions will be based on following topics:
|Date of computer based Written Exam (Tier-I)||Part||Subject||Maximum Marks||Total Duration/ Timing|
|07.01.2017||I||General Intelligence (25 Questions)||50||75 Minutes (Total)|
|05.02.2017||II||50||English Language (Basic Knowledge 25 Questions)|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills) (25 Questions)||50|
|IV||General Awareness (25 Questions)||50|
SSC CHSL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Maximum Marks||Total Duration/ Timing|